It’s that time of year again and Mainland Football will be holding trials for the Junior and Youth Futsal Nationals in July. We will also be accepting applications for coaching positions for the 6 teams that will be travelling away. The tournament will return to Palmerston North and will be held in the 2nd weekend of the July School Holidays, July 14th-16th.
For all the information you need please scroll down below.
With the tournament being held in Palmerston North again this year, it’s important that all potential players and parents/caregivers are aware of the cost. Currently, the tournament will cost $1220 per player. This is before any grant funding has been received or fundraising done. We are still hopeful of the cost coming down but it’s important that you are aware of this from the start.
Details for trials are as follows:
- Players will need to have played at least 2 terms of Futsal in the previous year
- Players will need to attend both trials unless
To register your interest
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, contact information, age group you will be trilling for and the terms of Futsal you’ve played.
Please arrive at least 15mins prior to the trial beginning
- When: Sunday April 2nd
- Where: Trial 1 – Ara institute of Technology Gym on Barbadoes street
- Who: 9.00am 12’s Boys
10.00am 14’s Boys
11.00am 15’s Girls
12.00pm 16s Boys
1.00pm 19s Girls
2.00pm 19s Boys
- When: Sunday April 9th
- Where: Trial 2 – Bishopdale YMCA
- Who: 9.30am 12’s Boys and 14’s Boys
10.30am 15’s Girls and 16’s Boys
Trial 2 19s Girls and 19s Boys
- When: Wednesday April 12th,
- Where: St. Thomas of Canterbury College Gym
- Who: 19’s Girls: 6.30pm – 7.30pm
19’s Boys: 7.30pm – 8.30pm
There are 6 coaching positions available:
- 15s and 19s Girls
- 12’s, 14’s, 16’s and 19’s Boys
- Applicants will need to have previously coached Futsal in a competitive environment
- i.e. Wednesday or Sunday competitions; previous national tournaments
- Applicants will need to have a background in Futsal and/or Football coaching
- Applicants will need to hold a NZF Futsal Level 1 coaching certificate or be working towards one (by taking the next course in April)
To apply, please email through a brief CV which will include:
- your previous experience with Futsal or Football; as a coach and a player
- the team you would like to coach
All applications can be sent to email@example.com. Please send there through no later than 5pm, Wednesday March 29th.